Saturday, February 11, 2012

07 Ghost




Teito Klein is an orphan slave of the Raggs Kingdom, who is now attending the Barsburg Empire military academy. He was chosen as a child after the war between Barsburg and Raggs, by the head of the academy.  At the academy, the students are taught how to use zaiphon. Zaiphon have many uses but basically are the ability to bring form to words, kind of like spells. Teito is exceptionally gifted at it but he also has some problems. He is looked down on, because he is a slave, by everybody except his friend Mikage. On the day of their graduation exam, Teito regains a memory of his past (btw he has amnesia) when he see a commander who has come to see the exams, by the name of Ayanami.  Out of nowhere, Teito tries to attack Ayanami. Teito ends up escaping and being taken in by three bishops who will change his life around. While at the church, he learns the ways of being a bishop in order to uncover the mystery of his past like why he is the chosen vessel for one of two all-powerful objects and why he has forgotten his past as the heir to the Raggs Kingdom. As I have stated before, I’m really not that into religious anime. However I think this one is very unique. I started out with this one on the anime then went back and read the manga. I have to say that the anime had potential up until the end where they changed too much to continue the story. The manga is still ongoing and I look forward to every release because I got hooked on the storyline. My only other complaint would have to be that the anime had this tone to it that didn’t match up with the manga. I guess you could call it a light heartedness, or maybe think of it as if they dressed Lou Ferrigno up in one of those huge, frilly Queen Elizabeth type dresses. On this one I would say to go ahead and watch the anime if you’d like, but I think everybody would enjoy the manga quite a bit more. Take it or leave it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment